Date: Monday, June 19, 2017
Time: 10:30 a.m.
Location: Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) Tribeca Performing Arts Center is located at 199 Chambers Street, New York, New York. The entrance for the arts center is located on the BMCC campus up the ramp to the left of the main doors. Directions (public transportation and parking) to BMCC Tribeca Arts Performing Center: http://tribecapac.org/directions/.
- For guests, doors will open at 9:45 a.m. The ceremony will begin promptly at 10:30 a.m.
- The Commencement is scheduled to be at least two (2) hours long. It will start promptly at 10:30a.m. Late arrivals will be seated only after the Commencement Ceremony has started, at the discretion of personnel.
- As seating is limited, guests will be admitted only if they have a ticket. Tickets will not be available on the day of Commencement.
- Tickets to the Commencement Ceremony are only available to guests of Guttman graduates and soon-to- be graduates participating in the academic procession.
- Every guest who will occupy a seat will need a ticket, including children. No Exceptions!!!
- Only children aged 2 and under, who will remain on an adult’s lap for the entire Commencement Ceremony, will not need a ticket.
- The Commencement will be live streamed. A link to view the live webcast will be available on the Guttman Community College main page starting at 10:15 a.m.
We ask that you adhere to the following during the Commencement Ceremony:
- NO balloons, fog horns, signs, and alcohol/drugs – they are strictly prohibited.
- Cell phones should be placed on vibrate or silent!
- Please be courteous to the graduates and your fellow guests, by refraining from leaving your seat during the ceremony and by leaving the ceremony early.
- Guests are prohibited to leave their seats in order to take pictures during the ceremony.
- Standing in the aisles during the Commencement is strictly prohibited, as it is a fire hazard. Public Safety will ask you to return to your seat or escort you out of the arts center.
- Seating will be based on first-come first-served basis. “Saving seats” will not be permitted.