Date: Monday, June 19, 2017
Time: 10:30 a.m.
Location: Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC)’s Tribeca Performance Arts Center (TPAC) on 199 Chambers Street, New York, New York 10007. The entrance for TPAC is located on BMCC’s campus, on Chambers Street, up the ramp, before the art sculpture to your left. There will be signs and people to help guide your way. Directions (public transportation and parking) to BMCC Tribeca Arts Performing Center: http://tribecapac.org/directions/.
- For guests, doors will open at 9:45 a.m. The ceremony will begin promptly at 10:30 a.m.
Live Stream: The Commencement will be viewable online. Any guest unable to attend the Commencement may watch the entire ceremony online. Please visit Guttman’s home webpage (www.guttman.cuny.edu) for the direct link.
- TPAC doors will open promptly at 9:45 a.m. Guests will not be allowed to wait in the dedicated waiting area assigned for the students/graduates.
- Seating will be limited, and guests will be admitted only if they have a ticket. Tickets will not be available on the day of Commencement.
- Every guest who will occupy a seat will need a ticket, including children. No Exceptions!!!
- Seating will be based on first-come, first-served basis only. There will be no assigned seating and families will not be allowed to save seats.
- The Commencement is scheduled to be at least two and a half (2.5) hours long. It will start promptly at 10:30a.m. Late arrivals will be held at the front door and seated only at the discretion of theater personnel.
We ask that you adhere to the following during the Commencement Ceremony:
- NO balloons, fog horns, signs, and alcohol/drugs – they are strictly prohibited.
- Cell phones should be placed on vibrate or silent!
- Please be courteous to the graduates and your fellow guests, by refraining from leaving your seat during the ceremony and by leaving the ceremony early.
- Guests are prohibited to leave their seats in order to take pictures during the ceremony.
- Standing in the aisles during the Commencement is strictly prohibited, as it is a fire hazard. Public Safety will ask you to return to your seat or escort you out of the arts center.
- Seating will be based on first-come first-served basis. “Saving seats” will not be permitted.