- Alignments show how area practices connect to other priorities, such as the college strategic plan goals, divisional goals, accreditation standards, and/or learning outcomes.
- Alignments need to have strong, obvious, direct connections with area practices, so the link is clear to someone outside of your area.
- Alignments allow for areas’ SAGE profiles to be used for studying progress related to other priorities.
- Learning Outcomes Alignments: Liberal arts students complete a demographics research project in capstone course 101, where they apply quantitative skills to analyze population trends in census data.
- MSCHE Standard 3 Design and Delivery of the Student Learning Experience
- Strategic Plan 1.3 Strengthen Programs of Study
- Learning Outcomes Alignments: Student participants in the March cultural awareness workshops create a photo collage that represents three different cultural influences on their lives.
- MSCHE Standard 4 Support of the Student Experience
- Strategic Plan 1.4 Improve Student Development / Academic Support
- OAA Divisional Goal 5 Strengthen Holistic Student Support Model
- Operations Practice: Monitor the budget in CUNYfirst by reviewing expenses by 25 depts. on a monthly basis and sending quarterly expense reports to departments to ensure they remain within their allocated budgets.
- MSCHE Standard 6 Planning, Resources, and Institutional Improvement