GCC will deliver, assess, improve, and plan to scale its integrative educational model to serve all students with equity—especially those traditionally underserved in higher education—by engaging them through curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities to learn, serve, and grow academically and socially.
1.1 Conduct an equity environmental scan with recommendations and report to the GCC community.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Improved student success and reduced differential achievement by gender, race/ethnicity, gender by race/ethnicity.
- Delivery of sustained professional development on cultural competency & curriculum.
1.2 Improve the First Year Experience (FYE)
- Maintained/improved Bridge completion rate, with systematic and sustainable assessment of Bridge learning outcomes.
- Wide participation in and effective use of results from assessment of FYE Guttman Learning Outcomes (GLOs)
- Launch and ongoing support for CUNY Math Start
- Scale-up alternatives to elementary algebra for students who plan a non-STEM major and co-requisite course enrollments for reading /writing support.
- Expanded student engagement with the arts through co- and extracurricular opportunities.
- Increased number and quality of OPCE-assisted EoW field placements.
- More effective use of academic technology inside and outside the classroom.
- Increased offerings of robust zero-cost OER courses.
1.3 Strengthen the Programs of Study
- Increased student useof degree maps across Programs of Study.
- Increased access and use of data dashboard by Program Coordinators.
- Increased hybrid course offerings in Programs of Study courses.
- Improved success, especially of women, in STEM disciplines (Information Technology; LAS Science track).
- Establishment of an Experiential Learning Opportunities (ELO) Pathway, including expanded Global Guttman opportunities through the Global Learning Fellows program, which highlights Civic Engagement and Career/Occupational Development at Guttman; continue to build and sustain quality PoS internship experiences; use the ELO Pathway to develop and begin implementing an assessment plan for ongoing improvement.
- Increased career opportunities for students by developing and sustaining partnerships such as the Chase Bank career pathway.
- New and updated updating articulation agreements.
- Improved outcomes by Guttman students at transfer colleges.
- Effective assessment of Programs of Study in accordance with the updated PPR guidelines.
1.4 Improve Student Development / Academic Support
- Improved tutorial support for FYE ELL students; sustained professional development for FYE Instructional Teams.
- Implemented framework based NASPA undergraduate learning outcomes to better support student development through intentional leadership opportunities.
- Increased opportunities for student life extracurricular activities.
1.5 Continue Planning to Scale the Model
- Planning and program development that engage stakeholders in scaling decisions.
- Engaged stakeholders involved with enrollment and employee growth in projections for scaling up.
- Refined admissions’ intensive, high touch processes for recruitment and messaging in anticipation of increasing enrollments to be sustainable at scale.
- Plans to scale the peer mentor program to be a model for CUNY and nationally.