The Office of Strategic Planning and Accreditation at Guttman Community College is responsible for matters relating to College accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. It also coordinates and guides Guttman’s strategic planning and its participation in the University’s Performance Management Process.
Stella and Charles Guttman Community College of the City University of New York is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). Guttman Community College was formerly New Community College at CUNY (2013 and prior years). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Most Recent Commission Actions: Read More
Brief Middle States History Since Last Comprehensive Evaluation: Read More
Brief Institutional Accreditation History Read More
Currently, Guttman Community College offers these registered programs leading to associate degrees:
- Associate in Arts (A.A.) in Business Administration
- Associate in Arts (A.A.) in Human Services
- Associate in Arts (A.A.) in Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Associate in Arts (A.A.) in Urban Studies
- Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Information Technology.
The City University of New York follows a Performance Management Process (PMP) that links planning and goal setting by the University and its colleges and professional schools, measures annual progress towards key goals, and recognizes excellent performance.
The PMP at Guttman Community College
Remedial classes are a huge stumbling block on the way to a degree. That’s why this community college doesn’t have them
Student Success by Design
Putting Students at the Center at Guttman Community College: Accomplishments and Challenges in the Inaugural Years
Instructional Teams at Guttman Community College: Building a Learning Community of Students, Faculty, and Staff
College Planning Documents 2008-2010:
- Second Round Working Committee Reports, September 30, 2010
- First Round Working Committee Reports, March 2, 2010
- The New CUNY Community College & The Health Professions: Pathways, Partnerships & Possibilities, February 2010
- Senior University Dean John Mogulescu’s Remarks at the Steinhardt Institute, NYU, October 15, 2009
- Summary of Second Round Research on Selection of NCC Majors, May 29, 2009
- Summary of First Round Research on Selection of NCC Majors, August 14, 2008
- A New Community College Concept Paper, August 15, 2008
- A New Community College Concept Paper Executive Summary, August 15, 2008
Elisa Hertz, Assistant Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning
Point of Contact: Angie Sadhu