An Articulation Agreement is a written contract or partnership between Guttman Community College and a senior college/university that outlines agreed upon coursework that will transfer over to that particular institution. Students who complete their coursework and meet the requirements specified by the receiving institution(s) upon applying will be admitted and those completed courses will be applied towards the baccalaureate degree.
The Liberal Arts and Sciences Program has Articulation Agreements with the following institutions:
In addition to the above articulation agreements, Liberal Arts and Sciences students at Guttman are also eligible to participate in the CUNY Justice Academy program at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, CUNY. This unique program provides students with robust advising and academic support as they transition to John Jay’s campus. Please see below for more information from the CUNY Justice Academy website:
What Is CUNY Justice Academy?
The CUNY Justice Academy (CJA) is a partnership of six CUNY community colleges with John Jay College of Criminal Justice to help you make the transition to a baccalaureate degree. Being part of the CJA puts you on track to complete your bachelor’s degree at John Jay College.
How Does It Work?
By majoring in a participating program at the CUNY community colleges, you are automatically part of the CJA and receive dual admission into corresponding B.A. programs at John Jay College. When you successfully complete the first 60 credits and meet your community college requirements, you not only receive an associate degree from the partner campus, but you are also rewarded with the option of guaranteed admission to John Jay where you will be on track to complete your bachelor’s degree.
Benefits of The CJA
- Have guaranteed admission to John Jay College. When you successfully complete your Community College requirements, you not only receive an associate’s degree but are rewarded with guaranteed admission to John Jay provided you meet the minimum entrance requirements.
- Avoid forms and fees. As a CJA student, you do not have to fill out an application for John Jay College or pay a seat deposit fee.
- Make your community college credits count. As a CJA member, you can apply your community college credits towards a bachelor’s degree. CJA ensures that you do not waste time and money by taking the wrong courses toward your bachelor’s degree.
- Start at John Jay as a third year student. As a CJA member, you can transition to John Jay College with your associate’s degree and start as a third-year student in a bachelor’s degree program.
- Stay connected. Students who stay connected have a better chance of graduating. Read more about how CJA helps you stay connected.