Guttman Community College is excited to welcome back students, faculty, and staff for a safe and gradual return to campus. This guide contains information concerning important policies, guidelines, and procedures for campus usage and classroom engagement; it also contains information on how to access student services and resources.
Returning to the Guttman Campus
Instructors have communicated the return dates for on-campus hybrid and in-person class meetings. Students should check their Guttman email and Blackboard for on-campus class meeting details. Per CUNY policy, students scheduled to attend any class on campus during Fall 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated and have their vaccine documents uploaded and approved in CUNYfirst by October 7. Please review the CUNY vaccine mandate.
Students taking online classes may visit campus Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm to access select student services beginning October 21. Any student visiting campus for any reason must be fully vaccinated and have their vaccine documents approved in CUNYfirst. Please review the CUNY vaccine mandate.
Reminder: Although COVID-19 vaccinations are not required for Fall 1 online classes, students should make plans to be vaccinated as soon as possible, in advance of the Fall 2 session which begins on January 3, 2022.
Deadlines for COVID-10 Vaccine doses for Fall 2 classes:
- 1st Pfizer dose: November 29 / 2nd Pfizer dose: December 20
- 1st Moderna dose: November 22 / 2nd Moderna dose: December 20
- Single dose of Johnson & Johnson: December 20, 2021
Vaccine Exemptions & the CUNY COVID-19 Testing Program
The deadline for requesting religious exceptions has passed. View the CUNY guidelines for submitting medical exceptions. Students who have been granted medical exemptions or religious exceptions are required to show evidence of a negative COVID test from an approved CUNY testing site taken no more than 7 days prior to the visit to campus. Students who do not show proof of vaccination or a negative test won’t be able to attend class sessions on campus, or visit a campus for any reason.
Scheduling a Testing Appointment
To sign-up for a testing appointment, follow the link and directions that were emailed to your Guttman account from No-Reply@Cleared4work.com. If you cannot locate that email, reach out to CovidVax@guttman.cuny.edu. Testing slots fill up quickly so don’t delay!
CUNY Testing Program Tips:
- Be mindful that test results can take up to 72 hours. Please plan ahead!
- More information on CUNY’s testing protocol can be found here.
- A list of CUNY testing sites can be found here.
Students, Faculty or staff who have symptoms prior to arriving on campus should stay home. Anyone who develops symptoms while on premises should notify Public Safety and will be directed to leave the premises safely and seek appropriate healthcare.
Should an individual who has been on campus test positive for COVID-19, they should notify the Coronavirus Campus Liaison (Elielce.Yoesoep@guttman.cuny.edu). In the event of a confirmed positive COVID-19 case, the following steps will be taken:
- The College will immediately close off areas used by the affected individual and begin cleaning and disinfection to minimize any potential for exposure. Cleaned, disinfected spaces should be available for use after 72 hours.
- The affected individual will be notified to isolate for 10 days and may not return to campus until cleared by a negative COVID test.
- All exposed individuals will be notified and given guidance to self-monitor for symptoms, seek testing and self-isolate for 10 days.
- Unvaccinated individuals must enter quarantine in the event of possible exposure.
- Fully vaccinated individuals will be required to get tested 3-5 days after the exposure and may exit quarantine and return to campus with a negative PCR test result.