Students do not receive tuition bills in the mail. It is the student’s responsibility to go to their CUNYfirst account at home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu to view their registration and class schedule, pending financial aid and tuition and fee charges.
Once you are on your Student Center page, scroll down to the Finances section to review your charges and Pending Financial Aid. When you click on “Account Inquiry”, the summary screen will allow you to figure out how much your payment should be. You should deduct your “Pending Financial Aid” amount from your “Outstanding Charges and Deposits”.
If your Pending Financial Aid is greater than the Outstanding Charges and Deposits, you do not have to make a payment to the College, and you may be eligible for a refund which may be sent to you right before classes begin.
However, if your Pending Financial Aid is less than your Outstanding Charges, you are required to pay the difference to Guttman Community College by the due date indicated on CUNYfirst.
Please be advised that if your financial responsibility is not met by the due date indicated on your billing email, your registration may be subject to cancellation.
Students should not assume their classes will be dropped for non-payment. It is your responsibility to drop your classes in CUNYfirst if you decide not to attend Guttman for the Semester.
The Bursar’s Office is available to assist you with any questions you have concerning your bill payment. Please contact us at Room 311 or call (646) 313-8142.
Tuition payment due dates are determined by the date of your initial registration and can be viewed by logging onto your CUNYfirst account, (Student Service Center, Finances, Charges Due), or by referencing the billing email from the Bursar. The schedule of payment due dates is:
Fall 2020 Tuition Due Dates:
- August 1, 2020 for students who register from May 5, 2020 to July 19, 2020.
- August 22, 2020 for students who register from July 20, 2020 to August 13, 2020
- September 5, 2020 for students who register from August 14, 2020 to September 5, 2020.
- Tuition is due immediately for students who register after September 5, 2020
Spring 2021 Tuition Due Dates:
- February 6, 2021 for students who register from October 19, 2020 to January 23, 2021.
- February 20, 2021 for students who register from January 24, 2021 to February 4, 2021.
- February 27, 2021 for students who register from February 5, 2021 to February 27, 2021
Tuition is due immediately for students who register after February 27, 2021.
CUNY mandates that the accounts of students who do not make full payment of tuition and fees be referred to a Collection Agency. The student will be responsible for all collection costs. These costs include, but are not limited to:
- Collection Agency Fees
- Attorney Fees
- Court costs
- Outstanding tuition and fees owed to the college