Guttman Community College’s CR/NC Policy for Fall 2020
The City University of New York announced it would extend the Spring 2020 Special COVID-19 Flexible Grading Policy to the Fall 2020 term.
Guttman Community College has instituted the following policy for Fall sessions 1 and 2:
- All students have the option to convert any or all of the (B+ through F) letter grades they earn in their Fall 2020 session 1 or 2 classes, to Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) grading.
- If a student chooses to opt-in, the passing letter grade (B+ through D) will convert to ‘CR’ with credit for the class being awarded, while a failing grade (F) will convert to ‘NC’, with no credit awarded. Credit/No Credit grades will not impact the student’s GPA. WU (withdrew unofficially after attending at least one class session) cannot be converted to NC.
- Courses not opted-in and kept as a letter grade will continue to be included in the term and cumulative GPA, while courses opted in and changed for a Credit/Non-credit grade will be excluded.
- If a student chooses the option of Credit/No Credit, the Credit (CR) grade will not negatively impact the student’s satisfactory progress toward degree completion.
- Once selected, the CR/NC option cannot be reversed.
- Students with Credit/No Credit grades will be able to transfer those courses across colleges within CUNY, per current CUNY policy.
- Before choosing this grading option for one or more of their classes, students should consult with their academic and financial aid advisors regarding potential impact to their financial aid and/or non-CUNY transfer admissions.
Extended Deadline for Withdrawals
To allow students additional flexibility, the Fall 2020 withdrawal date has been extended to Thursday, December 17, 2020.
For dates when a student can opt-in the Fall 2020 CR/NC Policy for session 1 or 2 classes, check the academic calendar here.