Vision & Goals
The Center for Practice, Technology, and Innovation (CPTI) is a virtual space dedicated to supporting Guttman’s embedded approach to professional development (PD) for faculty and staff.
The purpose of the CPTI is to empower Guttman faculty and staff in the process of learning and implementing best practices to most effectively serve our student body and fulfill the college’s mission.
As innovative and unique as the College itself, the CPTI aims to:
- provide a comprehensive structure for PD at Guttman
- elevate PD that works to dismantle systemic racism and other systemic inequities
- build capacity for identifying and rooting out beliefs, policies, and activities that stand in the way of racial equity and justice
- engage teaching, and learning-centered assessment
- organize venues for staff and faculty to share, discuss, and assess innovative practices related to the achievement of academic and co-curricular goals and outcomes
- complement and enhance live PD offerings with additional formats and materials in order to make content related to particular offerings and topics accessible to the college community
- support the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- convene forums for collaboration among administrators, faculty, and staff