For more information on supports and services for veteran and reservists students, please contact Daniel Ambrose, Director of Peer Mentoring, Office of Student Engagement at Daniel.Ambrose@guttman.cuny.edu or 646-313-8085
From the college application process through graduation, CUNY supports the student-veteran experience and is honored to welcome veterans and the communities to Guttman Community College. Connections with faculty, staff, college resources, and other student-veterans are made to enhance the student experience while at CUNY.
Application process for Veterans and service members
Veterans and service members are exempt from paying the CUNY Application and Fee Commitment fees. In order to request your Veteran Fee Waiver, follow these steps:
- After you submit your Admission Application, select the “PAY LATER” option on the payment screen.
- Print your Application Summary Package.
- Send “Veterans Fee Waiver Request via e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Full Name (as listed on your Application Summary Package)
- Date of birth
- Application Control Number (ten-digit number beginning with a W)
- Indicate you are a Freshman applicant
- Indicate the semester for which you have applied (ie. Fall 2011)
- Attach proof of your Veteran/Military status (i.e., DD-214, Current Military ID Card, or Deployment or Pre-separation orders)
Commitment Fee Waiver
The Assistant Dean of Student Support in Student Engagement can provide you with a Veterans Commitment Fee Waiver Letter to give to the Admissions Office.