Exam and Testing Accommodations
Students who have online exams or quizzes and require testing accommodations, please submit your request using Starfish 5 days prior to the exam date. The AccessABILITY Office will process the request and notify the faculty of your accommodations. All students will receive an email confirmation after the Starfish submission.
Our appointment hours are from Monday-Friday 9:30-4:30pm, if you require an appointment, please email email@example.com. Please place in the subject line Appointment Needed. If you require to meet with a specific person, please indicate the name of the AccessABILITY representative and the purpose of your meeting. The team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Assistance with Writing Assignments
Students who require assistance in writing assignments should send their draft to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline. In the body of the email, please include the description of the assignment. Please note there is a 48 hour turnaround time. Place in subject line: Writing Assistance Needed
Assistive Technology Support
Students who require assistive technology such as Zoom Text, Jaws, and Kurzweil 3000, can request an ADA laptop via email@example.com to schedule a pick up date and time or a pick up a laptop loaner in the Office of Informational Technology (IT). When emailing AccessABILITY Services please place in subject line: Assistive Technology Needed. If you like to download the software on your personal computer please visit CUNY Assistive Technology Services.
Distant Learning Platform and Assigned AccessABILITY Representative:
AccessABILITY Services Staff is available if you have an questions regarding online platforms. If you need support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line of the email which online platform you are using. For example, Subject: Blackboard Assistance Needed. The assigned team member will respond as soon as possible.
Blackboard: Sylvester Allen
WebEx: Maryanne Sackarnoski
E-portfolio: Dominick Hull and John Ruiz
Zoom: Marta Orellana
If you are experiencing any such barrier in a course and would like to discuss additional accommodations, please feel free to contact us by email email@example.com or phone (646-313-8833).
How do I contact my Advisor during this remote period?
Your advisor is still here to support you during this period of remote instruction! Please continue to utilize Starfish to schedule one-on-one appointments with your advisor. Advising appointments will take place by phone or online via Microsoft Teams. For more information on how to access teams, please review the attached guide.
In addition to Starfish, you can also connect with your Advisor using the contact information below:
|Uriah Brown||House 2 & H1, C1||908-845-5750||Uriah.Brown@guttman.cuny.edu|
|Laura Fritz||House 3||646-397-9337||Laura.Fritz@guttman.cuny.edu|
|Sarina Harty||House 4 & H1, C2||862-295-2609||Sarina.Harty@guttman.cuny.edu|
|Brandon Frazier||House 5 & H1, C3||646-907-9438||Brandon.Frazier@guttman.cuny.edu|
|Keshia Daniel||House 6||908-977-6747|
|Rosemarie Chan||Urban Studies||424-234-8043||Rosemarie.Chan@guttman.cuny.edu|
|Atiya Jackson||Info Technology, Liberal Arts – Science & Math, Liberal Arts – Humanities (M-Z)||813-501-3149||Atiya.Jackson@guttman.cuny.edu|
|Diana Zechowski||Business Administration, Liberal Arts – Humanities (A-L)||929-376-8515||Diana.Zechowski@guttman.cuny.edu|
|Krystal Liriano-Gonzalez||Human Services||862-239-6439||Krystal.Liriano-Gonzalez@guttman.cuny.edu|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- I am on Academic Probation and was informed about steps I have to take – will any of this change? No, the terms of academic probation will remain the same. Information on academic support sessions is available in the “services” tab of Starfish and on the Coronavirus webpage. Please note that the Spring 1 course withdrawal deadline has been extended to June 4. Please contact your advisor to discuss the implications of withdrawing from any of your courses.
- I am struggling in a course. How can I get academic support without actually coming in person? Academic support sessions will be offered online. Please make appointments and access services via Starfish. For more information on academic support sessions, please check the Coronavirus webpage. Your instructor can also connect you to appropriate academic support sessions.
- What if I have questions about accessing my accommodations with the AcessABILITY office? If you would like to discuss accommodations, please contact AccessABILITY by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (646-313-8833). Students who have online exams or quizzes and require testing accommodations, please submit your request using Starfish 5 days prior to the exam date.
- How do I access my DegreeWorks plan? See the attached DegreeWorks guide.
For other updates, follow our Instagram page @GCC_Advising.
The Center for Career Preparation & Partnerships welcomes you to CCPP Online!
There are three easy ways to connect with the CCPP this semester:
Email us at email@example.com and a team member will respond to your email ASAP.
- Virtual Office Hours
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request immediate access during our virtual office hours from 1:00-5:00 pm daily. Upon receiving your request, a CCPP team member will email you a ZOOM link for immediate virtual access to a member of our team. Virtual Office Hours are for quick 10-15 minute connections.
- 1-1 Career Advising Appointments
Connect with us through Starfish to schedule a 1-1 Virtual Career Advising appointment via ZOOM. 1-1 appointments are for in-depth 30-minute advising sessions.
We look forward to planning additional virtual programing for you. We are here for you during this difficult time and excited to find new ways to serve you.
Google Voice: (917) 426-2295
The Financial Aid team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
The best ways to contact us are:
- Email: email@example.com
- We are available to answer your emails!
- Please allow up to 1-2 business days for a response. We understand this is a stressful time, so we will try our very best to answer as soon as we can!
- Telephone: 646-313-8011
- We have staff ready to answer any questions you have about your financial aid eligibility!
- Please leave a detailed message (include your name, best contact #, and EMPLID) and we will respond to your message within 1-2 business days.
- Starfish Appointments
- You can make an appointment with a financial aid advisor on Starfish.
- Be sure to list your phone number when you make the appointment, the advisor will call you at the scheduled time.
Need to submit financial aid documents?
Here are your options:
- Fax to 646-664-3904
- Secure Electronic Upload via CUNYfirst
- The new upload feature in CUNYfirst allows you to upload documents that were previously required to be submitted in person. You can access the new “Document Upload” link in CUNYfirst by selecting Campus Solutions > Self Service > Document Upload. Then select Financial Aid as the document classification. PLEASE NOTE: File formats include PDFs, Microsoft Office files, and photos of documents (JPEG) and are subject to a 20 megabyte size restriction each.
- Access detailed student instructions on how to upload your documents
- Do not email us documents containing Personally Identifiable Information (such as a social security number); you must use the secure upload feature on CUNYfirst.
Did you know you can find most of our Financial Aid forms online? If you were selected for verification, you may find 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 Financial Aid forms online.
Need help with your Financial Aid applications?
The Office of Financial Aid is offering “Applying for Financial Aid” conference calls this Spring semester. Sign up for a one-on-one 30 minute phone appointment via Starfish to consult with a Financial Aid representative. Appointments are available every Monday from 9:30am to 12:30pm. These conference calls are designed to assist you with questions you may have about your 2020-2021 Financial Aid applications such as FAFSA, TAP, Jose Peralta DREAM Act, and Excelsior.
Important Note – You must start the application process prior to the meeting.
How to sign up:
- Log into Starfish to make an appointment with the Applying for Financial Aid Conference Call Representative.
- You have the option to select a 30-minute slot on Mondays from 9:30am to 12:30pm.
- You must provide your telephone number so the Financial Aid representative can call you at the scheduled time.
- You will receive an email confirmation for your scheduled appointment.
If you have been impacted by COVID-19 and have questions regarding your financial aid eligibility, please make sure to contact us so we can help!
Our website is a great resource and full of information regarding financial aid at Guttman Community College. We encourage students to check our website often for most up to date information. As always, we are here to help!
The HUB will continue to provide assistance remotely during the distance learning modality. Our office hours of operations will be Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm. Any correspondences after 5pm will be received at our office on the next business day.
For HUB related questions or concerns, contact us by one of the following options:
Telephone: (646) 313-8080.
If you send an email or leave a voicemail, please be sure to include your full name, contact number and EMPLID. You can expect a response from us within 1-2 business days.
Please check the HUB webpage for updated information or links to the other HUB departments webpages (Admissions, Bursar, Financial Aid, Registrar).
Be Safe & Well!
The Den (The Peer Mentoring Center) is now Online!
Grizzlies! If you are looking to connect with some mentors throughout the day, stop by our Peer Mentor Den Chatroom Monday- Friday, 11am-5pm, via tinyurl.com/GCC-TheDen. Peer Mentors will be available and are ready to engage socially or academically around whatever you need. We’re all in this together and want to be available for your support!
Mentors are available in the Den to chat and welcome all to join.
Meet-Ups (group study sessions) and Direct Connect (1-on-1 sessions) are also available. Full schedules are available on Starfish.
Students can also contact Peer Mentoring via at email firstname.lastname@example.org
For support, make an appointments on Starfish, email email@example.com, or call 646-313-8857.
The Guttman food pantry is open from 10 am to 3 pm Monday to Friday. Before coming to campus, please call Public Safety at 646-313-8101.
The food pantries at York College (Queens), LaGuardia Community College (Queens), City College (Manhattan), and Kingsborough Community College (Brooklyn) are open to all CUNY students but call the respective public safety offices before visiting any campus:
York College Public Safety: 718-262-2222
LaGuardia CC Public Safety: 718-482-5554
City College Public Safety: 212-650-6911
Kingsborough CC Public Safety: 718-368-5069
How to Access Nutritious Food for New York City Emergency Food Programs
Manhattan Free Meals Map
List of Manhattan Food Pantries
Coalition for the Homeless Resource Guide Online
West Side Campaign Against Hunger Covid-19 Relief Information
This is a very unique time with COVID-19 and the move to distance learning, which can add additional stress and anxiety. The Wellness Office is open virtually and counseling/therapy appointments are still available to you by phone or Teams video chat. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment or a quick check-in. See below for additional information.
Wellness Tele-Counseling Appointments
To schedule: email email@example.com or call 646-313-8165
Phone/Video chat: provide us with the best number to reach you and your Teams username (it’s the same as your CUNY First username). If you haven’t set up Teams, we can help!
Helpful Resources & Free Guided Meditations
10 Minute Mind: sign up for the 10 Minute Mind to receive daily guided meditations by clicking HERE and using your Guttman email
Calm Resource Page: go to Calm.com to receive a free resource page with meditations, stories, music, talks, and more
Supporting Your Wellbeing: Below are some useful ways to support your wellbeing.
Please note that while individual appointments are still available, all Wellness events are cancelled at this time. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to schedule an appointment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your mental health is important, and we want to support you in any way we can!
Ways to Support Your Wellbeing
Only Consume What You Can Handle: Newsfeeds and social media are flooded with information about COVID-19. Limit your exposure to this information if you find yourself feeling overwhelmed by it.
Avoid Speculation and Stick to Facts: Make sure the information that you are getting is from credible health sites.
Structure: Having a routine in place helps create a sense of normalcy.
Eat Well-balanced Meals: Do what you can to stay hydrated and eat regular meals instead of mindless snacking.
Exercise: Regular exercise helps to reduce stress and anxiety by releasing endorphins so find an exercise that you like and get moving (e.g., yoga, dance, walking, jogging, etc.).
Limit Caffeine: Caffeine intake worsens anxiety. Stay hydrated with water!
Stay Connected: Social distancing can cause you to feel isolated so find ways to connect with people (e.g., phone calls, FaceTime, etc.)
Talk about Your Feelings: Anxiety is a realistic part of life and many people experience this. Talk to others about how you are feeling. Many people are struggling to cope with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on their lives. You are not alone.
Laugh: Laughter helps relieve tension by relaxing your muscles.
Look for the Good: Even during challenging times, there is beauty. Remind yourself of the good – whether it’s listening to Italians sing from their balconies, reconnecting with people (virtually), taking time to journal, or starting a new project or hobby.
Time Management Tools
Online courses require time management. Time management is the ability to plan and control how you manage your time effectively to accomplish your educational goals. Below please see a list of popular time management applications to keep you on track:
Sunrise Calendar (Microsoft)
Evernote (also has task-listing features)
Reminder and Appointment Apps: