Faculty may place required course materials on reserve, for students to use in the Library only, through Akademos, Guttman’s online bookstore, and/or by completing the Reserve Request Form. Faculty must enter source information for required course materials in Akademos or to indicate that they do not require course materials for purchase.
- If required course materials are entered in Akademos, the Library is notified and a copy of each item is put on reserve. If the Library does not own the item, an order is placed to purchase it. Please allow time for this process.
- If multiple copies of an item are needed, faculty should contact the Library staff well in advance of the first day of class.
- Faculty must fill out a separate Reserve Request Form for each required course material that
- is not entered in Akademos
- is not in the Library collection and must be purchased, or
- must be scanned and/or digitized for use as an electronic resource (e.g., book chapter, article, excerpt)
Faculty can use their CUNYfirst credentials to log in to Akademos, access their personalized course list, and enter the source information for the books and materials required for each course.