All students may be eligible for transfer credit based on previous learning experiences that occurred prior to their enrollment at Guttman. This includes previous college-level coursework, exams, and other learning experiences within or outside of a college or university.
Former Guttman students who apply for readmission may be eligible for transfer credit based only on college-level coursework completed at a college or university during the semesters between their previous Guttman enrollment and readmission to Guttman.
The following types of prior learning may qualify for transfer credit if they meet all of the criteria listed below.
- Coursework completed at a CUNY institution, including College Now, with a grade of D or better
- College-level coursework completed during high school at a non-CUNY college or university, with a grade of C or better
- An AP (Advanced Placement) score of 3 or above
- An AICE (Advanced International Certificate of Education) score of E or better (US equivalent to C or better)
- A CLEP (College Level Examination Program) score of 50 or above
- A DLPT (Defense Language Proficiency Test) score of 3 or above
- A DSST (DANTES) score of 400 on Criterion Referenced test, or 45 on Norm Referenced test
- An IB (International Baccalaureate) – Higher Level (HL) only score of 5 or better
- An UEXCEL (Excelsior College Exams) grade of C or better
Prior Learning Experiences
Learning Experiences refer to non-credit courses taken within or outside of a college or university, participation in programs with educational content (e.g., study-abroad, supervised research), and professional or military training (whether or not this results in credentials or certification).